Residential zoning is an area legally delegated for residential homes, such as condos, single family homes or revenue properties.
Local governments and urban planners use zoning to regulate growth within a city, and to protect the wellbeing of its community.
Other types of zoning
Cities and municipalities are typically categorized into the following zones:
- Residential: Spaces allocated for residential dwellings such as family homes, condos and revenue properties.
- Commercial: Areas allocated for business activities such as retailers and offices.
- Recreational: Buildings allocated to recreational activities such as concert halls, cinemas and bars.
- Industrial: Zones used for manufacturing purposes
- Agricultural: Land set aside for farming activities