So you've started to think about selling your home and wondering what the advantages are to selling your home with an accredited and reputable real estate broker. If your end goal is to get your home sold, this is what they are experts at!
What are the advantages and what will a broker do to get your home sold:
- Price your home correct - Unlike other 3rd party online pricing tools, brokers are the only ones who have access to the latest historic pricing information to correctly set your home price. This is done using a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA).
- Adjusting your listing price - There are times when a home price needs to be adjusted (Change in market conditions/trends, new comparable properties on the market, etc). If/when this happens your broker will advise you accordingly on if the price should be moved up, down or (if it's a viable option), to take the property off the market until the surrounding market conditions improve.
- Help you pick the right time to sell - Your broker has up to date information about the latest market trends. Trends in the market will be used as part of your CMA to determine if it's the right time to put your home up for sale or if it's best to wait a few months until market conditions improve in your favor.
- Organize all the photography - The broker will organize a HD photoshoot while advising you if any Home Staging is required and if any improvements should to be made to make your home market ready; Both of which will help in the successful sale of your home.
- Manage the advertising of your property - Online advertising has become a massive medium. It's something here at Shupilov.com we have embraced by developing our own custom advertising algorithm to ensure our properties have maximum market exposure. There are thousands of similar properties on the market at any one time which are similar to yours, it's important that your home stands out and is in front of potential buyers as frequently as possible. This also includes exposing your home to international online platforms for foreign investors.
- Manage all the paperwork start to finish - When it comes to selling a home there is a lot of paperwork. From the first contract to CMAs, offers, counter offers, notarization, etc, you want to ensure that everything is done correct when selling your biggest asset.
- Organise and attend to property visits - It could be 1 visit or it could be 30+ visits until your home is sold. Your broker is there to manage all those text's, email's, phone call's and visits with potential buyers right up until the day your property is sold.
- Manage negotiations, offers & counter offers - Negotiations can be the single most important part in getting the best price for your home. A bad negotiation can result in 10's of thousands of dollars in losses. A broker is great at reading potential buyers and ultimately getting the best offer out of them. In a bidding war you want your broker to act quick to work with only the most viable clients to push the price as high as possible before all other offers expire.
- Network of active buyers - Brokers also have their own buying network. Here at Shupilov.com we represent one of the largest active and growing buyer/investor networks in Montreal. If you're looking at a quick sale it is important that your property is in the eyes of people who are actively looking, pre-approved and ready to make an offer.
- Experience and knowledge of the market - A brokers experience and knowledge plays a big part in the successful sale of your home. They know about properties in your area, daily news about what's moving and what's not, they have done this hundreds of times and are ready to react to changing market conditions.
- There when you have any questions - It's a brokers job to be there when you call. There's nothing worse than having a question or concern without anyone to answer it. The first time selling a home can be a daunting process and you want someone there who knows what they are talking about. If there are problems, they are on top of it!
If you're thinking about selling your home or just want to know how much it's worth, we offer a free no obligation property evaluation which uses the latest market data to give you an accurate value of your homes value.