There is no single location or simple answer to finding good real estate investment deals in Montreal, rather a collective approach combined with a strong set of tools which help in locating hot investment deals on the market. The strongest of these is a Property Alert which is configured to notifiy a buyer/investor when a property meeting their criteria hits the market.
A common miss-conception is that a "good" investment deal is a property which has been priced under market value. This is not always true as we look at what can constuitute a good real estate investment deal.
What to look for in a good real estate investment deal?
- Unique property in a strategic high growth location priced at fair market value
- Property in a location which has a low volume of sale but high number of buyers always looking to purchase. Example of this would be a beach front property which you would rarely see on the market.
- A property which has been priced far below it's fair market value based on a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) - These can include properties under municipal value, repossessed properties or properties priced below the surrounding sold median price.
Where to find these properties?
- Repossessed properties are only searchable by a licensed real estate broker with access to this specific search criteria. If you're already working with a broker, they can run this search for you and keep you up to date on new repossessions that hit the market
- Manual browsing is a great option if you know exactly what you're looking for in an investment deal.
- Subscribe to Deal of the Week - This is a free mailing list provided by Shupilov.com to anyone looking for a great investment deal. After subscribing, you will receive a new property deal to your inbox every week.
- If you need something more specific and only about properties you're interested in that meet a certain criteria, then a Property Alert will be the best tool to have. This is another free service we offer to buyers/investors who have just started or want to enhance their property search.