Regardless of whether you've made the decision to work with a broker to find your first home or next investment property, we will outline the advantages which will always be found when using an accredited and reputable broker for your next major purchase.
- Starting your search - When searching for a property, a broker has your best interests in mind. They will work close with you to understand and refine your search criteria. After understanding your search criteria, a broker will setup you up with the right tools to ensure you're notified when a property meeting your criteria hits the market, in most cases with a Property Alert.
- Visiting a property - When it comes time to visit a property, they will be with you to see the place and give their own expert feedback including an in detail historic report about that property (how long it's been on the market, what it last sold for, how much are the carrying costs).
- Making an offer - A broker will help you make the right offer to acquire the asset. They have done this hundreds of times and are experts when it comes to to process of negotiations. If an offer is too low, it might get rejected. When an offer is rejected they will quickly act and create a new offer before other interested parties reach an accepted offer. The end goal to get you the right property at the right price.
- Managing the paperwork - Other than just writing offers, your broker will proceed to do all the other necessary paperwork and follow you through the home inspection process right up until the final day of notarization.
- It doesn't cost you a cent - Best of all, working with a broker to buy a property is free. Any commissions payable are by the selling party and not from your own pockets.
Some points to keep in mind:
- You should NEVER feel pressured by your broker to buy a property. If you're feeling pressured then it might be time to start working with another broker or continue your search solo.
- You should NEVER feel uninformed about a property, paperwork or any other aspect of the buying process. Buying real estate will be one of the largest purchase you will ever make and it is important to ensure that you're informed about all aspects of the sale.
- While it can be tempting to work with a broker who is a friend or a family member, this might not always be in your best interests. Trying not to offend the related party, you need to choose a broker who you feel can do the job and meet your goals. If something goes wrong, you might end up resenting the person for a deal which has gone sour!
If you've made the decision to work with a broker, the next step might be to start your search for an accredited broker. Here at Shupilov.com we only work with accredited and reputable brokers - Feel free to Contact Us anytime during the buying process if you have any questions or there is something you're unsure of.