If you are thinking about selling your home or just want to add a bit of value, there are some simple renovations which can be made that will maintain and increase your homes value. If you are thinking of selling, it is important to ensure your home market ready as to not scare of potential buyers.
- Kitchens and Bathrooms are the two rooms everyone looks at when it comes to major renovations. They are the rooms which are used the most in any house which can be renovated for as little as $8,000 using Ikea or another similar DIY alternative.
- The buildings facade is the first thing people see when approaching your property (unless you're living in a condo building). Over time this either becomes dated, dirty, damaged, or Maybe all 3! It's not always the cheapest fix, but it will improve your properties value and also encourage those around you to keep their buildings looking nice.
- Painting is easy and a simple solution that your interior looks presentable to maintain your properties value.
- Replacing all lighting fixtures is not only eco-friendly but adds value to your home as older wiring/lighting costs more to maintain and has higher ongoing running costs.
- Solar Panels are becoming cheaper every year and if you're living in a Single Family Home can be a value add improvement that saves you money and improving your homes value.
- Carpet flooring might have looked nice when you first installed it, but over time it also becomes dirty and damaged. Replacing it might mean simply maintain the value of your home, but changing it to tiled or a floating wood floor can add a lifetime of value.
New development constructions (condo buildings) can at times be hard to add additional value. Most have been well designed and the value gained is from appreciation in additional to on-going maintenance/upkeep.
If you're unsure how much your home is worth, request a free Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) and find out which improvements which will add the most value to your home.