An Introduction to St Henri
St Henri is a dynamic yet family-friendly neighbourhood which has been revitalized in recent years with a variety of new establishments within the recreational and cultural sectors. The relatively affordable homes and the cultural richness of this area make it popular choice among young families, artists, musicians, and both local and international students.
Things to do and see in St Henri
Here are some local landmarks and activities enjoyed by residents of St Henri:
- The Atwater Market, where fresh produce, plants and artisanal food products can be purchased.
- Concerts at the Corona Theatre
- Boating, biking and picnicking along the Lachine Canal
- Drinks at the many bars and cafes along Notre Dame street.
- Vintage shopping in St Henri's charming antique stores.
Accessibility and Surroundings
St Henri is a highly accessible area with both the orange and green metro line intersecting at Lionel Groulx metro station, many bus lines, public bicycle (Bixi) stands, and relatively convenient street parking.
- Municipality: South West
- Driving time to Downtown: 5-10 minutes
- Neighbouring: Griffintown, Pointe St Charles, Ville Émard
- Closest metro stop: Lionel Groulx and Charlevoix metro, orange and green line
- Bus lines: various
- Supermarkets: Super C, P & A, Adonis, IGA and more
- Fitness centres: Hard Knox (MMA, Boxing), Centre Sportif de la Petite Bourgogne, public outdoor pools, Studio Breathe yoga, and more
- Schools: École St Henri
St Henri is populated by a widely diverse demographic, from families to young couples, students and professionals.
- Population: 15,810
- Largest age bracket: 35-64 (37%)
- Spoken language: 62.3% bilingual, 27.2% French only, 9.3% English only
- University degree: 43.1%
- Top Industry: Sales and Services (23.9%)
- Average family income: $47,975
St Henri offers a variety of different building styles, from industrial warehouses converted into lofts, to duplexes, townhouses, condos and even a few detached homes.
- Median condo price: $310,000
- Owner occupied: 26.3%
- Tenant occupied: 73.8%
- Small buildings: 81.8%
- Large buildings (incl. condos): 8.9%
- Townhouses: 4.6%
- Single Family Homes: 0.4%
Recommended Residential Streets
- St Ambroise Street, Notre Dame Street
Statistics source: Ville de Montreal, Centris.